We are looking for Borgwarner, a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier, a Buyer who is responsible for the procurement of Aluminum Extrusions, Metals, stamping, aluminum sheets, cladding, coating and multiple components for new technologies. The position will be located in Vigo.
Buyer Will be primarily responsible for the negotiation of existing and new active components. For assigned projects the Buyer will be responsible to support in analysing and negotiating the BOM cost of active components in alignment with the commodity management. The Buyer will be fully responsible for monitoring the market finding new manufacturers in alignment with global supplier strategies to leverage BorgWarner’s collective purchasing power and maximize synergistic opportunities to optimize supplier performance, reduced total supply costs while meeting our technology expectations throughout the supply chain
- As a commodity buyer, you control de cost, quality and on time procurement of goods and ensure optimal supply
- Identify sustainable cost saving opportunities and drive to implementation in accordance with corporate goals and settings.
- You maintain supplier relationships, continuously develop the supplier portfolio and implement our purchasing strategy in a targeted manner.
- Manage spend and sourcing -administration of RFQ s to support strategies and benchmarking
- Actively participate within team activities among engineering, material management, manufacturing engineering and quality to establish strategies and actions aiming for best value for the company
- Problem solving and negotiation with suppliers including engagement and escalation process to the global supply management organization
- Development and launch new suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering area or related field
- Masters Degree (preferred)
- 3- 5 years purchasing experience
- Experience of working with a Global commodity supply base
- ERP experience required; Knowledge of SAP R3 (valued)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required
- Attention to detail
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent influencing skills, setting direction, and prioritising
- Able to motivate others and drive for results
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Flexibility and willingness to travel at short notice